Monday, March 12, 2012

sick babies

Last week was extremely stressful and I'm also thinking this week too. I'm trying to balance being a mom of 3, maintaining the house clean and also being a wife (can't forget about my husband). But last weeks chaos had me wanting to pull my hair out. I was a wreck physically and emotionally, especially emotionally. Nozomi has pneumonia and it literally broke my heart when the doctor told me, even though I assumed it was either bronchitis or pneumonia. Before the appointment I told my sister "Nozomi is really sick. I just know something is so wrong. I'm afraid it's either bronchitis or pneumonia". And I was right. A mother knows their child best. Soon after, Hideki got a cold and Sayuri got sick with ear infections. It was back to back, sick babies. It's tough. I felt completely drained and it hurts me that my kids are feeling so ill. I honestly felt helpless 95% of the time, especially with the girls. I felt like nothing made them feel better fast enough.

Nozomi needs breathing treatments 4 times a day for 15 minutes each. Plus, 2 days in a row she had to get antibiotic shots. For over a week, she had high fevers. My poor girl was suffering and I so eagerly wanted to take her pain away. She's still sick but finally getting better, slowly but surely.

Sayuri, UGH! My poor little baby. She's only 6 weeks old and got sick for the first time. I must admit I was so upset. I see her and think "My sweet tiny baby. I just hope you don't get sick until you're a few months old". But having siblings its bound to happen. She has a cough and runny nose and both ears are infected. As a mother I HATE to see my kids get hurt, get sick and I try to prevent those things from happening. But this life is imperfect and things will happen *sigh.

I'm glad my big boy, Hideki didnt get it so bad. He just had a cold for about 3 days and now, he's back to himself. He's been so helpful. I love it! I love how much he loves his sisters and wants to take care of them. It's also, funny to see him fighting with Nozomi. That little girl is such a bully. She's a tough cookie.

In between my kids getting sick, I got sick. Thank God, it was a mild cold because I needed the energy and strength to help my kids to recuperate.

There are so many things to update about but that's all the time I have. Until next time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment